Center, Room 001
200 E. Market Street
San Antonio, Texas 78205
This workshop is intended primarily for municipal governments with wet weather management responsibilities, i.e., stormwater, combined sewer overflows, sanitary sewer overflows and nonpoint source runoff. The workshop will focus on how these programs can be effectively managed using green infrastructure technologies and approaches.
- The benefits of green infrastructure practices, including:
- Reduced and delayed stormwater runoff
- Runoff enhanced groundwater recharge
- Stormwater pollutant reductions
- Increased land values
- Construction Savings
- Operation and maintenance
- Retrofitting green infrastructure practices
- Case study of green infrastructure design and construction
- Local incentives for green infrastructure
- Relevant municipal codes and ordinances work session
The workshop will include the opportunity for discussions with national experts, municipal operators, and state and federal regulators on the many facets of implementing a green infrastructure program.
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas, Room 001
Length of Workshop
All day Tuesday, February 17, and Wednesday morning, February 18, 2009..
There is a $35 registration fee for this workshop. You must register in advance to attend. Please contact Elena Serna with the Greater Edwards Aquifer Alliance at 210-320-1457 between 9 am and 5 pm to process your registration.
Participation certificates (these are not CEUs) will be provided to all participants.